In an era of “data is the new oil”, GDPR is vital.
A Reminder of the Research Code of Practise Principle from the Digital Economy Act 2017:
The presentations of the speakers can be found here.
Some food of thought and ideas from the conference…
- We should be transparent with the data subjects and their rights.
- When working on international projects, remember that the law is the same but with different nuances from EU country to another.
- NHS is a good example of guidances and forms in implementing GDRP, with more forms and information here.
- Derogations on the Research in GDPR are going to be updated in the next few years.
- With Brexit, we are not clear at this stage of what will happen yet in the UK with the GDPR implementation on long term perspective.